When an accident or injury happens as a result of the negligence of a different party those affected have serious questions to resolve. Of the issues presented with this life changing event, questions such as: how injured am I? and should I hire a personal injury attorney? are some of the most pressing.
Although several personal injury cases are handled each year without the assistance of the attorney, the success or failure of that strategy will depend on the type of injury claim involved. It is generally advised that a personal injury attorney be consulted when:
- serious injuries are sustained with long term consequences
- the negligent party is uninsured or underinsured
- there is a dispute as to who is at fault
- the insurance adjuster is not treating you fairly
- there is a prior medical condition that has been aggravated by the new injury, or
- medical malpractice has resulted from the carelessness or negligent treatment at the hands of a doctor, nurse, hospital, clinic, laboratory or other medical provider
The important thing to remember when making this very important decision is that insurance adjusters have one goal, increase profits. On average there is a significant increase in the dollar amount of claims paid out when an attorney is retained to resolve the claim. Most importantly, if your claim needs to be litigated it is best to hire an attorney and give them the best opportunity to be successful by consulting with them as soon as possible. Personal injury claims can be challenging. Many of our clients have their hands full just keeping up with doctor’s appointments and therapy sessions, not to mention the time consuming process of gathering medical records, police reports, witness statements and deposition testimony.
Douglasville Personal Injury Lawyers handles injury related claims ad fights to get its clients the compensation they deserve. If you or a loved one have been injured due to another party’s negligence contact our firm today for a free consultation.